Welcome to Fenham Play Group
At Fenham Playgroup we aim to provide a safe, happy, friendly, caring, stimulating and welcoming environment for both children and their parents/carers. Parents are welcome in the Playgroup at all times.
At Fenham Playgroup we provide a welcoming, supportive environment for children and staff, where good communications with the children, their parents/carers, visitors and the wider community of professionals are fostered.
We aim to:
- Create a safe, happy, friendly, caring stimulating and welcoming environment for all children
- Deliver a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum from the Early Years Foundation Stage which meets the needs, abilities and interests of all children
- Embrace the five outcomes of Every Child Matters within all playgroup policy and practice.
- Ensure that each child develops and learns at his or her own appropriate pace.
- Build confidence and self-esteem in our children by ensuring progress and regularly celebrating their achievement.
- Strive for high quality teaching, job satisfaction, equal opportunities and mutually supportive relationships for all staff.
- Foster enthusiastic, positive, lively, enquiring children, respectful of and sensitive to other people’s needs, where all are valued and treated with dignity.
- Promote partnerships between children, parents, staff professionals, local schools and the wider community.
- In order to efficiently achieve these aims we will endeavour to build upon and extend staff expertise and provide the necessary resources through the Playgroup Development Plan and continuous professional development.
- The playgroup takes great care to treat each individual as a person in their own right, with equal rights and responsibilities to any other individual, whether they are an adult or a child. The playgroup is committed to providing equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all children and families according to their individual needs.