In accordance with EYFS a learning journal will be compiled showing your child/children’s progress and if you would like to add any achievements to their journal please add it on Tapestry. These records are confidential and only parents and staff will have access to them.
Throughout the year you will be invited to make contributions to your child’s learning journal by using our online system Tapestry. We believe that in order for children to receive quality care and early learning that suits their individual needs, parents and staff need to work together in a close partnership. The two-way sharing of information is key to this. The playgroup team welcomes parents as partners and this relationship needs to be built on trust and understanding. It is important that we, as practitioners, are able to support parents in an open and sensitive manner.
The playgroup wishes to ensure parents are an integral part of the care and early learning team within the playgroup.
Our policy is to:
- Recognise and support parents as their child’s first and most important educators, and to welcome them into the life of the nursery.
- Generate confidence and encourage parents to trust their own instincts and judgement regarding their own child.
- Welcome all parents into the playgroup at any time – during Covid parents / visitors can not enter the premises.
- Ensure playgroup documentation and communications are in a format to suit individual parent’s needs, e.g. multi-lingual, electronic communications.
Ensure that all parents are aware of the playgroup’s policies and procedures.
- A detailed parent information leaflet will be provided and our full policy documents will be available to parents at all times and are available in each room (please see a member of staff).
- Maintain regular contact with parents to help us to build a secure and beneficial working relationship for their children.
- Inform parents about playgroup activities and events through regularly distributed newsletters and notices about the times of events to avoid excluding anyone.
- Operate a key person system to enable a close working relationship with all parents.
- Support two-way information sharing regarding each child’s individual needs both in playgroup and at home.
- Inform parents on a regular basis about their child’s progress and involve them in the shared record keeping. All members of staff are available at the beginning of the session or at the end to discuss children’s progress.
- Provide opportunities and support for all parents to contribute their own skills, knowledge and interests to the activities of the playgroup.